Journey to the ancient city of Ecrya atop the Cursed Mountain, where terrifying monsters and groups of outcasts you would not want to meet await you. On your way through a land ravaged by magic, you will encounter dangerous beasts, ancient ruins just waiting to be explored, and equipment to help your heroes survive. Use provisions, create spells and equip characters with weapons, armor and other useful items that will help you achieve your goal: conquering the cursed mountain.
Journey to Ecrya is a turn-based game for 2-4 people, so the role of the game master is passed from player to player each turn. In this way, they can create their adventure together and none of them is forced to work harder than the others. Everyone also chooses one of the eight available heroes to help in winning the competition: reaching the top of the Cursed Mountain first, where a formidable opponent lurks.
All eight have their own reasons to embark on this dangerous journey and make it more difficult for the rest of the adventurers. They are also distinguished by strengths and weaknesses, which will often have an impact on the course of history.
But beyond the heroes, Journey to Ecrya has so much more to offer:
- 75 different and unique Treasure Cards – items, provisions, spells and other small items that are used to increase statistics, heal or give powerful character bonuses,
- 75 unique Encounter Cards – contain confrontations with various creatures, meetings with other characters or visits to new locations; these meetings will require players to make choices, neither of which is good or bad, but with both positive and negative consequences.
- 15 Event Cards that the heroes will have to face after hitting a specific space on the board
- 3 Boss cards – menacing creatures that lurk on heroes atop the Cursed Mountain
- and many other items such as attack and damage counters, event and camp tokens, path tokens to the top of the Mountain, and dice.
So if you would like to support the project, you still have a chance: check out the project’s Kickstarter . And if you’re still missing the details of Journey to Ecrya , don’t hesitate to check out the official website of the game . You can even test the game demo in electronic version! Unfortunately, only the English language version is foreseen for now.